Complaints Process

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can follow our complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


Fox Whitfield Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing the very highest quality of legal service to all of our clients. If
something goes wrong, we want you to tell us about it so that we can address the issue with you
and resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service which you have received or the costs which you
have been charged, you can raise your concerns immediately with the person who has had conduct
of your matter. This person will ne named in the client care letter you were sent when you first instrcuted us.

If you want your complaint to be formally investigated, please set out your complaint in writing

• Your full name and contact details;
• Details of where you feel we may have failed to act appropriately; and
• What you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint.

All complaints should be sent to Paul Whitfield, Unit 10 Wealden Forest Park, Herne Common, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 7QL.

We will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint enclosing a copy of this
policy within five-working days of receiving it. If appropriate, you may be invited to a meeting to discuss, and hopefully resolve, your complaint.

If a meeting takes place, we will write to you within five working days after it takes place
confirming what took place and setting out any solutions which were agreed with you.

Once our investigation is complete, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint
setting out any suggestions for resolving the matter.

If you are unhappy with our findings, you may have a right to refer your complaint to the
Legal Ombudsman or Solicitors Regulation Authority. Further details of the Legal
Ombudsman and Solicitors Regulation Authority are set out above.